Followers

onsdag 10 september 2014

Love Yourself

So, I think it's time for me to start switching into English. Because I feel that it is important for me to purely live in English and stay consequent during my time in Glasgow I decided it is natural for me to write in English here as well.

Once, one of my older sisters said "If you don't like how you look now, you will never start liking your appearance. Believe me, you won't become prettier!"
As harsh as it might seem - it's the truth. Or, part of the truth. I'm not saying that "older" people aren't pretty, but once we reach the age of 20 (or something) we'll start aging. Her words really gave me something to think about, and since then I've started to like myself more and more. We need to realize that disliking or even hating how you look won't make you look prettier, or make you happier. It's only destructive thinking and doesn't make your life better in any way at all.

The saying that "beauty comes from the inside" can't be more true. Cliché it might be, but confidence and holding your head up high can be a tool to help yourself like how you look and feel about yourself. Even if it means you have to "fake it til you make it", it's worth a try. And, that you can apply to almost everything, even eating disorders. You once learned to think in a certain way but that means you can learn to think in another way as well! When I finally completely recovered from eating problems, I did it through telling myself that I needed to eat (so I ate) and that I looked beautiful at normal weight (so I gained). It wasn't always easy, no, but once I had accepted that's how I have to live (eating and at normal weight) if I want to be able to do whatever my heart wanted, it slowly became easier. Common things like eating regularly and feeling when you're full and when you're not is now never a problem.

Life can be so good! Look around you. Appreciate even the smallest of things and love what you have. We're living in a part of the world when we don't (usually) have to worry about war or severe poverty, so we better take care of that chance and not blow it up. Life isn't easy and we can't always get what we want, but please make the best out of it!


I may not have enough money to study in London, but I'm so glad that I'm able to study in Glasgow. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar